Recommended Shops in Phu Quoc Island
Recommended Shops in Phu Quoc Island
Table of contentHide All
Shopping is a very certain thing on every travel trip but not all people know about the reliable shops and their addresses. Here are some suggestions about shops in Phu Quoc island for you.
- Food and Wine at the traffic lights in Nguyen Trai Street offers not only a good selection of cellared international wines but also a range of typical Western foodstuffs, including canned food, spreads, sauces, and cheeses.
- Hoang Yen located in No.5, Nguyen Trai Street is a grocery shop selling a wide range of non-perishable products, including beer. Hoang Yen store gives good service with a smile, though not much English is spoken.
- Tran Hung Dao Street, near the Phu Quoc resorts, has many small grocery/drink vendors for emergency supplies. Its shops often open from early morning till night.
- Kim Hoa Sport located in No.31 Nguyen Trai Street and Thuy Nga around the corner in Nguyen An Ninh Street are the places to go for sports t-shirts (up to 2XL), shorts, or swimsuits. They also sell basic sports equipment like footballs and tennis balls.
- Phu Quoc Creation situated in No.30 and No.33 Tran Hung Dao Street is a good place to pick up a genuine cotton t-shirt or casual clothes for the beach, in Western and children’s sizes. Their newer shop over the road sells a range of Vietnamese souvenirs, including lacquerware. Phu Quoc Creation opens 7 days, from morning till night.
- Pho Bien Camera Shop located in Bach Dang Street, by Cau Castle is the best place for decent camera batteries or to have prints or CDs made of your holiday snaps. Cameras also sold here. The staff is very friendly with good service.
Markets and Supermarkets
Duong Dong Market is located in the center of Duong Dong town, Phu Quoc. The market is famous for a lot of fresh seafood such as grouper, herring, Ham Ninh Crab, squid, scallop, and dried seafood specialties. Duong Dong Market is also a place for tourists to visit and purchase in Phu Quoc. You here can easily buy for yourself souvenirs sold on both sides of the street leading to the market. Tourists can also enjoy popular dishes prepared by local people. Duong Dong Market is always an attractive destination for tourists who want to discover everything in Phu Quoc. Duong Dong market is usually open early about 4 am.
Mega King Mart & Alluvia Phu Quoc Chocolate Factory located at No.83 Tran Hung Dao Street, Quarter 7, Duong To, Phu Quoc Island is the largest specialty supermarket in Phu Quoc. The supermarket has both specialty products and gifts which is very convenient for the family. The goods are diverse at affordable prices. Mega King Mart opens from 8:00 to 23:00. When visiting Mega King Mart, you can also buy the 2 best coffee in Phu Quoc.
Ngoc Hien Pearl Farm located in Duong Bao Hamlet, Duong To Commune, Phu Quoc District, Kien Giang Province. This farm is one of the unique tourism places of Phu Quoc and serves high-end jewelry shopping needs as well as souvenirs for tourists when they come here. At the farm, you can pick up a wide variety of pearl gifts from bracelets, necklaces, earrings, rings and much more, all at very reasonable prices. In Pearl Farm, in addition to finding some remarkable pearls, you can also know more information about the history of pearl farming on the island. If you travel by motorcycle, from the Duong Dong town and go straight to Tran Hung Dao street, about 10 minutes, you will see cultured Pearls area. You can take “Xe Om” to get there. Anyway, it is really easy to find out.
Source: Phu Quoc Island Explorer