6 Steps to Choose a Mekong Delta Tour | Journey On Air
6 Steps to Choose a Mekong Delta Tour | Journey On Air
Table of contentHide All
The Mekong River is one of the largest rivers in the world, originating from Tibet, flowing through China, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Cambodia into the South China Sea in Vietnam. The Mekong is the twelfth longest river in the world, the seventh in Asia and the tenth largest water flow in the world. The Mekong Delta is the southernmost of Vietnam, which has the central city Can Tho and 12 provinces: Long An, Tien Giang, Ben Tre, Vinh Long, Tra Vinh, Hau Giang, Soc Trang, Dong Thap, An Giang, Kien Giang, Bac Lieu, and Ca Mau. The Mekong Delta accounts for 13% of the country's total are and more than 19% of the country's population, 17,330,900 people.
If you are wondering why Mekong Delta should be included in your traveling plan, these amazing information is for you. Over 300 years of establishment and development, the Mekong Delta is preserving a rich cultural tradition with its own nuances and characteristics of a river delta. The cultural heritages here are not only valuable in educating knowledge, forming human personality but also promoting their role, potential and strength in tourism. Cultural heritages, especially intangible cultural heritage such as art performances, customs, religious beliefs, food, festivals, and trade villages are all the core elements creating an originality to attract domestic and foreign visitors to the Mekong Delta.
There are many Mekong Delta Tours for you to choose from. However, to choose the best Mekong Delta Tour is not an easy thing for most of the tourists. These following 6 steps are made to help your tour more complete and interesting than ever.
I. Step 1: Check the Mekong Delta Tour Price: From the cheapest Mekong Delta Tour to luxury Mekong Delta Tour
There is a huge range of prices for Mekong Delta Tours depending on duration, types of Mekong Delta Tours, travel agencies, accommodation, and so on. The price for a tour is usually from VND 280,000 to VND 70,000,000 or even more than that. Choose a Mekong Delta Tour which is suitable for your financial ability is not easy when you don’t have enough information for all of those Mekong Delta Tours and have never experienced any Mekong Delta Tour before. To choose a tour with the price that you think it is reasonable for you, you can refer to these following information.
1. What is the price of a cheap Mekong Delta Tour & Is this a good choice for you?
The price of a cheap Mekong Delta Tour is usually from VND 280,000 to VND 4,000,000 and may be higher depend on whether you choose a private tour or not. This is consider a reasonable range of prices because things in these tours are all fit for your budget and a cheap price can't reduce the quality of your Mekong Delta Tour if you choose a good tour provider and understand your basic needs for the trip.
To know what makes a cheap Mekong Delta Tour is very important for your choice. Generally, these are basic and essential elements to create a cheap and even the cheapest price of a Mekong Delta Tour:
- Duration: The most popular choice to save tourists' money is Mekong Delta Half Day Tours from Ho Chi Minh City with the range of prices from VND 280,000 to VND 2,760,000.
- Numbers of travelers in a group: Traveling with a small group can help save a lot of money than ever. This can reduce the cost of transportation, the wage for your tour guide, and the cost incurred.
- Destinations in the tour: The shorter the distance you have to move is, the cheaper the price is. It also helpful for reducing the cost of transportation with simple ones such as bus and boat and the cost for food and drinks you need during moving to your destination.
- Accommodation: If you choose a Mekong Delta Half Day Tour or Mekong Delta One Day Tour, you don't have to pay any money for your accommodation. Besides, you can choose a tour whose accommodation is a popular hotel or even a guest house. Coming with a reasonable price are simple rooms but full of facilities needed for a night.
- Tour providers: With the same kind of a Mekong Delta Tour, the same duration, and even the same destinations included in a tour, the more famous tour provider is, the more expensive your tour costs. To save your money, choosing a trustworthy tour provider with a cheap price is not difficult when there are a variety of travel agencies ready to help you deal with this problem.
Is a cheap Mekong Delta Tour a good choice for you depends mostly on your demand for the trip. If you want to spend more time traveling to other destinations instead of only the Mekong Delta and are not interested in destinations of the Mekong Delta outside Ho Chi Minh City, such as Cai Rang Floating Market or Can Tho City, surely a cheap Mekong Delta Tour is the best choice for you. Besides, a cheap on can bring you new and unique experiences with a special view of the Mekong Delta.
2. What is the price for a luxury Mekong Delta Tour & Is it worth paying money for it?
The price of a luxury Mekong Delta Tour is decided by not only the elements such as duration and tour provider but also your financial ability and what you hope to experience in this tour. If you want to create a customized tour, this may cost you even higher than a normal luxury Mekong Delta Tour. So, the highest price here cannot be determined because of your own need and financial ability. But, the average price of a luxury tour is normally from VND 20,000,000 ( Mekong Delta One Day Tour ) to VND 100,000,000 ( Mekong Delta Three Day Tour ) and may be higher due to the tour you choose and your duration.
Knowing what makes a luxury Mekong Delta Tour can help you decide which one is the best tour for you. The quality of a luxury Mekong Delta Tour is not shown only by its cost but its services and elements creating the tour.
- Duration: The longer your duration is, the more money you have to pay for your holiday. Increasing the number of the days you traveling can bring you many benefits, such as deeper knowledge and more amazing experiences. Besides, the services for a long distance journey is better than others because of your basic needs and the money you pay for.
- Type of tours: Private tour and customized tour are always the most expensive options. On the other hands, the benefits you get from it will come along with the amount of money you pay. Even though traveling with a small group can also be considered a good choice when choosing a luxury tour, private tour is usually be loved and chosen by tourists.
- Destinations: The destinations of a luxury Mekong Delta Tour are spread throughout the country and even outside Vietnam.
- Accommodation: Staying in a luxury cruise is one of the most favorite kind of accommodation on the trip. In addition, the price of resting on the cruise is sometimes even higher than the price for a night in a 5-star hotel. Besides, Park Hyatt Saigon Hotel is the top option of the upper class when visiting the Mekong Delta.
- Tour providers: Even though this element might not be an important factor to decide the price for your luxury Mekong Delta Tour, the more trustworthy your tour provider is, the higher quality the tour get.
Is it worth paying money for a luxury Mekong Delta Tour cannot be evaluated by things shown on your itinerary or your tour provider. You just can only feel it after experiencing your trips. Following the luxury Mekong Delta Tour reviews on Luxury Mekong Delta Tour Tripadvisor, most of the tourists experiencing their luxury tours highly appreciate and recommend this tour for you.
3. How to get an average and budget price for your Mekong Delta Tour?
For the tourists who want to have a memorable Mekong Delta Tour from Ho Chi Minh City, a great knowledge and lots of experiences after this trip but pay a reasonable and average amount of money which is not cheap or expensive, you can find more information about Mekong Delta Budget Tours. It can help you to save a lot of money and not reduce the quality of your trip.
Besides, The Sinh Tourist with Sinh Cafe Mekong Delta Tour is also a highly recommended tour provider that is recommended by tourists after their trips to the Mekong Delta Tour. They are famous for the Mekong Delta Tours that are fit for your pockets, especially people with the average income.
II. Step 2: Determine what kind of Mekong Delta Tour you want to experience
1. Types of Mekong Delta Tours following your partners in the tour
a. Mekong Delta Small Group Tours - A good way to reduce the cost of your tour
There are two ways to travel. One is completely independent - "do your things separately". Another is traveling with a group. Most visitors know what they like.
Traveling with a group has some advantages. First of all, things are arranged in advance without having to worry about planning things like accommodation, sightseeing and where to eat or what to see. Secondly, you often travel with like-minded people with whom you can continue your friendship after the end of the tour. Thirdly, there is always a tour guide who can help with any emergency and general support.
The tour guide is the key to any small group vacation. They are not there to take you around - but to plan, give you advice, support you and make sure everything goes well. This means that even in the most exciting destinations, you will be able to relax and let your trip take place.
Who is suitable for Mekong Delta Small Group Tours
- Tourists whose duration is limited
If you do not have more than a week to spend time exploring, small group trips will give you more interesting moments in a limited duration. Your day cannot be spent queuing for tickets or searching for a hotel, so you can squeeze more into your vacation.
- Solo tourists who travel alone
A like-minded companion plus peace of mind are the two advantages for those who travel alone. Single supplements are usually available, providing privacy if you want.
b. Mekong Delta Private Tours - Traveling with anyone you want
A private tour is a tour that's just for you. Whether you want a honeymoon for you and your spouse or spend time only with your family, even a few fun days with business partners.
You can choose every aspect of your vacation and the experts of the tour provider you choose will arrange everything for you, taking the stress out of your plan, so you focus on having a lifetime trip.
There are many benefits when choosing a private tour:
- Flexibility: With your own tour, you can decide how long your duration is and how fast it is performed.
- Maximize your time: With a group of any size, there will definitely be time wasted waiting and joining the tour. Your time is precious and this is a solution to save your time. The private tour maximizes every minute of your journey to allow you to enjoy your experience.
- Personal service: The private tour also enhances the invisible aspect of your trip. In a group tour, the tour director simply serves as a storyteller, which means regurgitating the truth about the site on a large speaker and herding the group from one place to another. The private tour, on the other hand, allows travelers to interact with real local people on an individual basis, such as asking in-depth questions about an existing or historic event, sharing the depth information of each other, and educating each other on the respective cultures and traditions.
- Travel with your favorite people: With a private tour, you travel with the only people you know and love. This can help you to be more open-minded and relax during your trip.
2. Types of Mekong Delta Tours following the characteristics of the tour
a. Mekong Delta Eco Tours - One of the best and must-try Mekong Delta Tours
Mekong Delta Eco Tour involves visiting remote natural areas and making efforts to minimize the negative impacts from the tourism on the environment and the local life. Mekong Delta Eco Tours specialize in wildlife, nature, adventure and family holidays. This kind of Mekong Delta Tours has developed along with the development of more traditional tourism infrastructure. Ecotourists want to see and experience real Mekong Delta, enjoy exotic tours and different cultures, and interact with local people. There are many tour provider offering Mekong Delta Eco Tours to the wilderness areas so that you can experience the unique diversity of this fascinating land.
Price: From VND 600,000/day/person
b. Mekong Delta Discovery Tours - Giving you a complete overview of the Mekong Delta
A visit to the Mekong Delta is a must-do thing while in Vietnam. This short tour will give you an overview of the life on the Mekong River, the Mekong Delta and its many tributaries. The tour will be an enjoyable experience for guests to explore sightseeing as well as local lifestyle along the Mekong River. This tour can take you into the heart of Mekong Delta, where the magnificent beauty of the Mekong River and the locals' friendliness can create your unforgettable and amazing experiences in the delta, and even from the Mekong Delta to every destination in the country. Explore the river life of South Vietnam by taking a boat along the waterways, visiting a floating village and market, and sampling tropical fruits are what you can get from the Mekong Delta Discovery Tour.
Price: From VND 700,000/day/person
c. Mekong Delta Cruise Tours - Discovering Mekong Delta sightseeing in an amazing view
Most of the tour include Mekong Cruises, which is a part of long (two weeks or more) tours, including several nights in the hotel as well as on the train. However, Mekong Delta Cruise Tours are completely different when you spend most of your time staying and traveling on your cruise. There are a variety of cruises' types depending on your duration, your basic needs and the tour provider you choose. This helps you to get rid of the bustle and heat of Ho Chi Minh City and down to the delta. Since it only takes a few hours drive from Saigon, a Mekong Delta Cruise One Day Tour is possible for you. However, if you have more time, it is highly recommended for you to stay for 2 nights on the cruise.
Price: From VND 900,000/day/person
d. Mekong Delta Customized Tours - Designing your own tour to make it more interesting
A customized tour is an independent plan for your trip, which is designed and arranged just for you and only when choosing a private tour. This type of travel includes airport shuttle/private hotel, hotel, air ticket, train, cruises, concerts, events, activities, and tours. You are also guided separately by your own tour guide. This visit could be any day, anywhere, and in any style that you want to travel. Customized tours are especially for anyone who wants to have a detailed travel plan arranged for them. Room rates are based on double occupancy, but a single room can be booked for an extra charge.
Customized tours are family-friendly and interactive. Small group tours are usually limited to age and time. By organizing your own adventure, you can plan activities that fit your family and travel the days that best suit you.
Price: From VND 1,000,000/day/person
III. Step 3: Determine how long your Mekong Delta Tour duration will last
There are 4 most popular durations chosen by tourists of every tour provider: Mekong Delta Half Day Tour, Mekong Delta Tour in 1 day, Mekong Delta 2 Day Tour, and Mekong Delta Tour in 3 days.
Mekong Delta Half Day Tour: Mentioned in the previous part, this is the cheapest Mekong Delta Tour due to its duration and destinations included in it. With this tour, the departure time of your trip is usually at 6:00 or 6:30 to save your time. The end of this trip is from 12:00 to 13:00. The destinations on this tour are usually the places near Ho Chi Minh City and take you only few time to move, such as Cai Rang Floating Market, Can Gio Biosphere or Ninh Kieu Wharf.
Price: From VND 280,000/person
Mekong Delta 1 Day Tour: This is the second kind of Mekong Delta Tours that can help you save time and money. Besides, you don't have to worry about the accommodation and the dinner for your day tour. It usually starts from 6:30 to 18:00 and can be changed depending on the tour you choose. One more benefit is that you can also visit Can Tho Province, Cai Be District in Tien Giang Province or My Tho Town. These destinations take you more time to travel than those of a Mekong Delta Half Day Tour.
Price: From VND 400,000/person
Mekong Delta 2 Day Tour: 2 days can be considered the suitable duration for those wanting to experience most of the things in the Mekong Delta and get more knowledge about the life here. In addition to the destinations that may be included in a Mekong Delta 1 Day Tour, you can choose others, such as Cu Chi Tunnels and Cai Rang Market and join some activities like biking or kayaking. In addition, you can have more time to choose any souvenirs or fruits that can be gifts for your family and friends. Staying overnight will be really amazing for you. Resting after a tired day in a hotel of the bustling Ho Chi Minh City is a must-do thing to help you understand more about the busy life at night here.
Price: From 750,000/person
Mekong Delta 3 Day Tour: Most of the domestic destinations in Mekong Delta 3 Day Tours are usually combined with other tourist attractions in other countries, such as Cambodia and Laos. Multi-country tours should be in the list of your considerable tours when choosing a Mekong Delta 3 Day Tour. Even though this thing may cost you more than any domestic tours, it is worth trying.
Price: From 800,000/person
Besides, other Mekong Delta Tours are also attractive and beloved by tourists after experiencing. The longer your duration lasts, the higher the price you have to pay. Prices can be changed depending on not only on your duration but also the type of the tour you choose. There are also the Mekong Delta Tours from one week to more that include the destinations throughout Vietnam and even outside the country. If you have a strong financial ability, don't skip these choices for your holiday.
IV. Step 4: Choose which destinations included in your Mekong Delta Tour
1. Floating Market in Mekong Delta, Vietnam
a. Cai Rang Floating Market, Can Tho Province, Vietnam
Cai Rang Floating Market is one of the three largest floating markets in Can Tho City. The unique and main characteristics of Cai Rang Floating Market are specialized in the sale of fruits and specialties of the Mekong Delta. This market is located on the Cai Rang River and far away from Can Tho City about 6 km. Like other floating markets in the Mekong Delta, they have been formed to meet the demand for trade and exchange of goods when roads and road vehicles have not developed.
People gather in the river by boats, the main mean in here. Even though the network of roads has developed widely, these floating markets are still crowded, bringing economic and tourism potential to the west of Vietnam.
Cai Rang market is started from early morning and less crowded at 9:00. The goods are sold on boats, each boat will specialize in selling a type of item. Besides, the motorboats used for visitors to travel to the market are also very popular. The price for a person to travel by this mean is from VND 30,000 to VND 40,000.
b. Cai Be Floating Market, Tien Giang Province, Vietnam
Cai Be floating market is a special meeting and trading market, a fruit transfer station to all regions. The goods here are cheap. The uniqueness of this floating market is shown through vegetables and fruit. People use boats to sell fruits which are hung up on the pole for buyers to recognize.
The goods here are very diverse and abundant, especially fruits. Because Cai Be Floating Market has the most fruits in Tien Giang Province and the gardens near Tan Phong Island are brought here for sale, the boats from Ho Chi Minh City, Ca Mau, Vinh Long, An Giang, and Can Tho all come here to buy. Sunrise and sunset are considered the most crowded and most beautiful in the floating market. If you like crowded activities, busy boats and see the form of underwater trading, you should go from early in the morning to see the bustle of the market, the most traded and most concentrated agricultural products. It ends at 8:00 and starts again in the afternoon.
2. My Tho City, Tien Giang Province, Vietnam
My Tho city is the city located in Tien Giang Province. It is also a famous tourist destination, bringing the beautiful water features of the beautiful and gentle South West region. Therefore, this place attracts a large number of tourists to visit.
In My Tho, there are many beautiful and interesting places to visit, including some of the most famous tourist attractions in My Tho such as:
- Vinh Trang Pagoda: It is the pagoda built in the early 19th century, with Asian-European architectural design creating the unique beauty of the pagoda and helping Vinh Trang Pagoda become one of the famous places to visit.
- My Tho Cathedral: Built in the early 20th century, My Tho Cathedral is not only one of the modern architectural works of Western Europe, but also a beautiful and attractive place to visit.
- Hoa Binh Temple: It is one of the ideal destinations when traveling in My Tho City. This is not only a place to store and preserve many objects and intangible relics in Tien Giang, but also a place to help visitors to discover more interesting information and understand the culture of the people here.
- Dong Tam Snake Farm: This is where you can see snakes. Besides, when you come here, you can also picnic. Camping can be an interesting experience for your trip.
3. Ben Tre Province, Vietnam
Ben Tre Province is located in the southwestern part of Vietnam, at the end of the Mekong River. Ben Tre is not only known as a land of many canals but also famous as the land of coconuts. Ben Tre coconuts are famous for the delicious, sweet aroma and often used to make coconut candies.
Visit Son Hillock in Ben Tre City, you can enjoy fruit and see how to make coconut candies. Besides, Phung Hillock can be the place for you to learn about coconuts, which is an interesting activity to help you better understand the people here. These are two most popular attractions for tourists when visiting in Mekong Delta Tours.
4. Cu Chi Tunnels, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Previously, the tunnels in Cu Chi were the base of resistance, the defensive system was firmly embedded in the ground of people during the Indochina War and the Vietnam War. Called the "inner city", Cu Chi Tunnels have not only a labyrinth-like tunnel system but also many rooms, clinics, kitchens, storage rooms, working rooms, and so on. Today, the Cu Chi Tunnels are not only a special national monument but also a popular tourist attraction, which annually serves about 20 million domestic and foreign visitors.
Come here, you will experience life under the trenches like the wartime, visit and explore every corner of the tunnel system 120 meters long with 2 floors, and eat the food that local people in the wartime ate under the tunnels. This area is also where you can see old films of the entire war in this land.
5. Chau Doc City, Tien Giang Province, Vietnam
Chau Doc City is a city An Giang Province. It plays an important role in the economic development of not only the Mekong Delta but also Vietnam. Chau Doc also has the Tinh Bien International Border Gate to Cambodia. There are many attractions in Chau Doc that can make you come back here again if you have a chance to travel to Vietnam one more time.
- Tay An Temple: This temple is a Buddhist temple located at the junction, adjacent to Sam Mountain. The pagoda was built with Indian and Islamic art, combined with ancient Vietnamese temple architecture. Tay An Temple is not only a place of pilgrimage and worship but also a famous tourist attraction of An Giang.
- Sam Mountain: This mountain is 284 meters high in the delta and one of seven mountains that are the highlight of the natural landscape, which is very romantic in the Southwest. According to legend, this mountain has many spirits, so people from all over the country come here to worship. As this is a sacred mountain, there are nearly 200 temples and pagodas scattered at the foot of mountains.
- Hang Pagoda: It is located on the slopes of Sam Mountain. Separated from the cliffs of the mountain, at an altitude of hundreds of meters, in a pure place, Hang Pagoda is a stately ancient place with many legends and transmissions from one life to another, creating an attraction with guests. The pagoda was built between 1840 and 1845. From the natural beauty of nature, the pagoda has been cultivated by humans and has become an attractive place for tourists.
These are the most favorite attractions in the Mekong Delta that you should visit when coming to Vietnam. Besides, if you choose a customized tour or want to lengthen your duration, you can choose other destinations throughout and outside Vietnam such as Phu Quoc Island, Cambodia, and Phnom Penh to make your trip more interesting.
V. Determine the means of transportation in your Mekong Delta Tour
For Mekong Delta Cruise Tours, you don't have to worry about the means of transportation for your tour because the cruise will be the main one for you. Besides, cruises are also combined with other transports as a part of a tour to help you have a complete and amazing view of Mekong Delta.
Joining Mekong Delta Tours, you can have a chance to move by not only cruises but also motorbikes. This is a new way to explore the beauty of this wetland. It can give you more experiences when you ride along beautiful natural sceneries and quiet roads of Mekong Delta. Then, you can take a boat trip on the Mekong River to see its beauty, which is also an unforgettable memory. You will see that the scenes can change from bustling streets with buildings and noise to peaceful rice paddles with cottages and small houses on the way you move. Besides, if you only enjoy traveling by motorbikes, the Mekong Delta Motorbike Tour can be designed for you and still remain the quality of the tour.
Traveling by bicycle to experience the beauty of the Mekong Delta through rice paddies, charming villages and along shady canal paths is a good way to let you see everything you can never know if you choose other transport. The Mekong Delta is quite flat that cyclists in any levels and any ages can join without worrying about not being in top shape. Besides, the Mekong Delta would have to be one of the most user-friendly biking locations that you could ever imagine. If you would love to join a Mekong Delta Bike Tour, you can contact to travel companies providing this or customize your own tour.
Boats and speedboats are the main transports because of its convenience and budget price. Choosing a boat as the main mean of transport can also give you a view that is completely different from traveling on the cruises. You can easily find a Mekong Delta Tour including boats or ask for your tour provider to get more information about this service. Renting a boat also depends on your itinerary and the destinations you choose in your Mekong Delta Tour. Besides, the Mekong Delta Boat Tour and the Mekong Delta Speed Boat Tour can be great choices for your holiday.
The prices of these transportations may be included in the price of your tour or be added into the cost of the tour if you choose a private and customized tour. The prices can also be changed due to the rental services of each company and the business of your tour provider.
VI. Choose the suitable tour provider for your Mekong Delta Tour
To give you more options and information about tour providers providing Mekong Delta Tours, here is the list of best 5 tour operators and travel companies of Mekong Delta
- G Adventure: G Adventures offers the opportunities to help you explore interesting and unusual destinations with great deals. The reviews for G Adventures are shown in high ratings from customers experiencing the trip in all aspects. The 24-hour support is offered and there are various styles of tours for different attractions, especially Mekong Delta Tours.
Price: From VND 13,200,000/person to VND 41,000,000/person
- Hoi An Express: Hoi An Express is famous for being a luxury tour operator with their ability to offer flexible and customizable tour options combining Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. Having the main customers who are high-end visitors and clienteles, the company offers the best services and most authentic experience with a competitive range of prices.
Price: From VND 970,000/person to VND 24,000,000/person
Contact: Address: 32 Tien Giang Street, Ward 2, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone: (+84) 283 547 0787 - (+84) 283 547 0785
- Legend Travel Group: Legend Travel Group is a leading and unique company sharing timeless vacations and travel experiences throughout Southeast Asia. In 2008, the company was set up with a hope that all of the travelers could enjoy amazing experiences well worth your time and money.
Price: From VND 700,000/person to VND 5,000,000/person
Contact: Address: Suite 514 & 1312, 4F Building, Trung Hoa Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: (+84) 2437 834 288
- Aqua Expeditions: In 2014, Aqua Expeditions was successful launching the 20-suite Aqua Mekong. Now, they are sailing the Mekong River between the timeless Cambodia and the contemporary Vietnam. This is one of a few travel companies that are successful in operating tours in both sides of the world, including Mekong Delta Tours.
Price: From VND 20,260,000/day/person to VND 21,600,000,000/day/person
Contact: Website: aquaexpeditions.com
- The Sinh Tourist: This is one of the most famous travel companies in not only Vietnam but also foreign countries. It provides many budget tours and tours Sinh Cafe with high-quality services for you to choose, especially Mekong Delta Tours.
Price: From VND 289,000/person to under VND 10,000,000/person
Contact: Address: 246 - 248 De Tham Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Phone: (+84) 283 838 9593
Fax: (+84) 283 836 9322
VII. Tips to know when choosing the Mekong Delta Tour
1. What to take when joining the Mekong Delta Tour
- First, you need to bring anti-mosquitoes and insects. There are many mosquitoes in the Mekong Delta, especially in the remote provinces such as Dong Thap, Ca Mau, and Soc Trang. In addition, here also has many insect species such as beetles, mongooses, bees, and ants.
- Your flashlight must be bright and you should save its battery for the night. Going to the Mekong Delta to experience catching frogs and fishes at night is very interesting, so it is necessary to have a flashlight.
- The positioning device like GPRS is a must-have device for traveling.
- If you are riding a motorbike, you will need to bring your vehicle patching kit and spare parts into the empty section without a car repair shop. You should take a lit petrol, because, after 22:00, most of the gas stations in this region are closed, especially in the border area.
- Personal Copper: Toothbrush, gloves, mask, clothes, ...
If you have a Mekong Delta Tour 1 Day, then you can drop some of the above.
2. Best time to travel the Mekong Delta, Vietnam
The Mekong Delta has sunny and warm climate all year round with moderate weather, so almost visitors can visit here in every season. Each season of the Mekong Delta has its unique characteristics. Often in the summer (around June, July, August) is the season of fruit ripening in Mekong Delta. Therefore, if you like to explore the garden fresh fruit, you should go in the summer.
3. Pay attention to the cost incurred
Before deciding to book any tour or paying money for that, check carefully all the prices included in the tour you choose. Some companies require you to pay money for only one time and that is the total price for your trip. Besides, in some emergency cases or unexpected incidents, you will have to pay a small amount of money which is called the cost incurred. Be sure that you can control every kind of the costs for your tour and spend another amount of money for prevention.
4. Make sure about your travel insurance when joining the Mekong Delta Tour
Most of the companies providing Mekong Delta Tours will discuss with you about this problem and the cost of your insurance will be included in the price of the tour. However, you should be active first and consider every condition about your travel insurance to make sure everything is prepared carefully.