What to eat in Hanoi, Vietnam
What to eat in Hanoi, Vietnam
Table of contentHide All
Definitely indispensable in this list is pho. Pho is a popular dish known by many foreigners in Vietnam, like ethnic dishes. Referring to Vietnam, they all relate to this unique dish.
Hot noodles, tasty broth, bring the amazing mood to eat when coming to Hanoi. Bread thin, tough, soft, beef cut sliced thin, cooked again cooked a little more lime, lemon chili. The bowl of pho delicious depends on the way of cooking of each pho.
All about Hanoi: https://journeyonair.com/hanoi-vietnam
The price for one is about 2 US $. Visitors can visit the famous pho Hanoi such as pho in Dinh Liet, pho Ly Quoc Su, pho Nha Chung, Pho Bat Dan, pho Thin
- Dinh Liet: 24B Trung Yen, Dinh Liet, Hang Bac, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Ly Quoc Su: 10 Ly Quoc Su, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.Nha Chung: 40 Nha Chung, Hang Trong, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Bat Dan: 49 Bat Dan, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Thin: 13 Lo Duc, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi
2. Bun Cha
Besides pho, bun cha is traditional Vietnamese food that many people know. This is the dish US President Brack Obama used to dinner when coming to Vietnam on 23/5/2016, at Bun cha Huong Lien. Bun cha dish consists of grilled pork chopped, some pieces of pickled melon served with vermicelli and raw vegetables. The delicious, sweet and sour taste of the bowl of sauce and the fresh taste of vegetables make this dish become special. This dish is priced at about 2 US$.
- Hang Quat: 74 lane, Hang Quat, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
- Tuyet: 34 Hang Than, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Huong Lien: 24 Le Van Huu, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi.
3. Pho cuon (roll pho)
Mention to roll pho, the Hanoi people think of Ngu Xa, a small street hidden behind Truc Bach Lake. Rice noodle thin but not crushed with fried beef, raw vegetables. Sour sauce spicy salty sweet, add a few slices of papaya eat deliciously.
Besides, the restaurant also has rice noodle soup fried covered with fried beef, vegetables a little more pepper. A piece of crispy bread, vegetables mixed with soft, tender beef. A disc with ten rolls worth about 2 US$. You can visit the famous roll pho shop in Ngu Xa as Hung Ben, Huong Mai.
- Pho cuon Hung Ben: 35 Nguyen Khac Hieu, Truc Bach, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Pho cuon Huong Mai: 25 Ngu Xa, Truc Bach, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
4. Bun thang
Bun thang is a traditional dish of Hanoi people. The dish has raw materials, small noodles, chicken, fried eggs, mushrooms. Freshwater, sweet, fragrant from chicken bones or shrimp. The aroma of the bowl of water, enjoy once will remember forever. This dish costs 2-3 US $ VND.
Some popular place with bun thang dish:
- Bun thang Ngoc Tuyen – 56 & 58 Dao Tan, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
- Bun thang Thuan Ly – 33 Hang Hom, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Quan cu – 31A Phan Dinh Phung, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
5. Trang Tien ice-cream
Whether you enjoy it in winter or summer, you will have to impress the unforgettable taste of this ice cream. When you eat, you feel the fresh cream sweet, melted right in the mouth and cinnamon bark is fragrant, crispy. A Trang Tien ice cream costs 1 US$.
Address: 35 Trang Tien, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.
6. Com Hanoi
In the Vietnamese community in northern Vietnam, com is made from young sticky rice, the most delicious is com made of sticky yellow flowers, in both seasons: seasonal rice and winter rice, although usually used rice in the late summer collection (from the full moon in July to the end of the 9th lunar month).
In Hanoi, besides Com Lang Vong, Com Lu and Com Me Tri also very popular.
- Com Lang Vong: 18, Lane 99, Xuan Thuy, Cau Giay, Hanoi
7. Bun dau mam tom
Mam tom is a specialty only in Vietnam. Some foreigners may initially not eat it, but most of them later eat and get addicted. Bun dau mam tom is the most addictive of the delicious dishes in Hanoi. Of course, this familiar dish is covered everywhere, from street corners, toad bars, markets to even the 5-star Vietnamese restaurants. The price is about 2 US$
- Trung Huong: 27/31 Hang Khay, Trang Tien, Hanoi
- Hang Khay: 49 Phat Loc lane, Ly Thai To, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Nghia Tan: 104 C3 Nghia Tan, Cau Giay, Hanoi
8. Chao suon (porridge rib)
Cold Hanoi days to eat a bowl of porridge ribs with some daily stories are quite interesting. Hanoi porridge bowl is not too sophisticated, simply with porridge, with slices of crispy crumbs. However, the taste makes many people come to Hanoi just to try. The price is just 1 US$
- Co La: 2A Ly Quoc Su, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Hang Bo: 32 Hang Bo, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- Ngo Huyen: 43 Ngo Huyen, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi.