Best 31 Things To Do In Dalat, Vietnam – 2021 Travel Guide
Best 31 Things To Do In Dalat, Vietnam – 2021 Travel Guide
Table of contentHide All
Coming to Dalat, tourists will be immersed in countless emotions. Because of that, Dalat is called by many different names such as City of Thousands of Flowers, Land of Love, Sad City, Dream City, Land of Peach, etc. Nature and people of Dalat are in poetry, in paintings, in art, and in the heart of everyone. This is the ideal place you should visit once in your lifetime. In this article, we would like to give you a list 25 best things to do in Dalat.
1. Enjoying Dalat Weathet - First Thing To Do In Dalat
Dalat has a great climate. The average recorded temperature ranges between 18oC and 21oC. The atmosphere here is fresh, cool, different from the stuffy, crowded of big cities like Saigon, Hanoi. Coming to Dalat, you can experience a day with four seasons.
With the cold plateau atmosphere, the Langbiang is really suitable for outdoor activities, sightseeing, camping overnight. Some visitors choose to experience new games such as mountain climbing to the summit of Langbiang, paragliding, riding on the Jeep to the top, or hiking along the asphalt roads through spectacular pine forests. From the top of the mountain, you can see the Golden Stream, the Silver Stream, and the panorama of Dalat.
2. Exploring Dalat By Motorbike
If you want to discover Dalat, you well-advised to use the motorbike to travel. You can immerse yourself in the sightseeing as well as the weather here.
|AB, Vision, Liberty, Janus, etc.||2016-2018||130,000|
|Novo, Atila, Lead, Vision, etc.||2010-2015||100,000|
|Wave RSX, Sirius Fi, Jupiter, etc.||2016-2018||100,000|
|Wave alpha, Sirius, Future, etc.||2010-2015||80,000|
- Note: The price of the holiday is not the same as the price above.
Free shipping at the hotel in the center of the city.
The price above is the general price, you should call directly to the motorbike owner to get the exact price.
Some recommended addresses to rent a motorbike:
|Dalat rental||02 Alley, Thong Thien Hoc Street, 2 District, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.||(+84) 1679 813 313|
|Ngoc Anh||Number 2/4, Tran Hung Dao Street, 3 District, Dalat||(+84) 975 082 679|
|Mr. Tho||Number 133, Phu Dong Thien Vuong Street, 8 District, Dalat||(+84) 928 092 209 (+84) 903 114 755|
|24H Dalat||Number 1 Nguyen Van Troi, 1 District, Dalat||(+84) 915 755 152|
|Xuan Son||Number 58, Phu Dong Thien Vuong Street, Dalat||(+84) 937 174 063|
|Thanh Khang||Number 7, Lu Gia Street, Dalat||(+84) 944 274 107|
|Mr. Cuong||Number 79, Nguyen Thi Nghia Street, Dalat||(+84) 1217 395 051|
Must-know tips when renting the motorbike:
Bring identity card, passport, or driving license along to make sure that you will not trick.
Keep the owner’s phone number. If you have problems with the motorbike as well as the direction, you will be supported immediately.
Check the motorbike carefully before leaving Make the clear contract with the motorbike owner if you do not want to be tricked
3. Enjoying Cafe In Dalat - Things To Do In Dalat For Coffeeholics
Coffee in Dalat is selected from the gardens of the indigenous farmers. The harvest and production process are sanitary. Thanks to being located on a hill of over 1,500 meters with a tropical climate, this place is extremely suitable for coffee.
In addition, the cafes in Dalat have a unique feature, they usually have a warm space style with small pots, simple furniture rustic or design bringing a luxurious atmosphere. An open view will give you the feeling of enjoying the freshest natural air.
Some famous and unique cafe in Dalat you may want to visit:
- Panorama Cafe: Hung Vuong Street, 11 District, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Sunshine Tim: Number 9, Tran Hung Dao Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- The Dreamer: Number 27B, Tran Hung Dao Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Daily Coffee: Number 11B, Le Hong Phong Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Thongdalat.Space Cafe: Number 90, Bui Thi Xuan Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- An Cafe: Number 63 Bis, February 3 Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Me Linh Cafe: Number 725, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Bicycle Up Cafe: Number 82, Truong Cong Dinh Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Green Box Coffee: Number 42, Xo Viet Nghe Tinh Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
4. Discovering Windmill Cake Shop In Dalat
Address: Number 1A, Hoa Binh Street, 1 District, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
Price: VND 15,000- VND 20,000</p1
This is the most attractive place of young people in Dalat in 2017. It’s just a small bakery, but it has a strikingly colorful exterior that is richly decorated with cute and lively motifs.
5. Relaxing At Xuan Huong Lake - Things To Do In Dalat For Sightseeing Lovers
Xuan Huong Lake is known as the heart of this city. Around the lake, there are pine forests, lawns, flower gardens, etc. Whether early or late, you also encounter people running around the lake, cycling, or strolling. Such simple things also become interesting here. There are many beautiful restaurants on the shores of the lake you should visit such as Thanh Thuy, Thuy Ta, Bich Cau, etc to sip a cup of coffee and feel the gentle mind.
6. Exploring Dalat Architecture - Things To Do In Dalat For Art Lovers
Dalat City is like a museum of architecture in the 20th century with many architectural and unique values. The famous architectures here are built during the colonial period – the construction of the city. Works of this period were influenced by the major architectural styles in Europe such as Roman architecture, Gothic architecture, Neoclassical architecture. If you are an art lover, discovering the architecure might be on the top of your list “things to do in Dalat, Vietnam”
Some recommended addresses:
- XQ: Mai Anh Dao Street, 8 Ward, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province Institute of Highland
- Biology: Tung Lam Hill, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Cao Dai Da Phuoc Temple: Trai Mat, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Dalat Pedagogy College – Grand Lycée Yersin: Number 29, Yersin, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Crazy House Dalat: Huynh Thuc Khang Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Chicken village: Darahoa Village, Hiep An Commune, Duc Trong District, Lam Dong Province
- Dalat University: Number 1, Phu Dong Thien Vuong Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Railway Station: Number 1, Quang Trung Street, Ward 10, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Lam Dong Museum: Number 4, Hung Vuong Street, Ward 10, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
7. Riding Dalat Elephants
For ethnic people, the elephant is a sacred animal, symbolized for the strength, affluence of the family and village. This animal is not only close to the life of the local people in all daily activities but also friendly to tourists. Riding the elephant through the green canopy of the primeval forest will be a memorable memory for anyone. You will be taught how to climb, control, bathe, feed, take care of elephants. Normally, this service is attached to the Dalat Travel tour. If you want to travel in your own way, you should ask the local people for your needs.
However, riding elephants is one of things to do which are jugded by many people. They say that riding elephant is crucial.
8. Taking Wedding Photos - Things To Do In Dalat For Couples
The best time to take your wedding photos is from September to December. Dalat in this season is very beautiful because there are many beautiful bloom flowers. You can easily meet the other couples also taking pictures like you and feel the joyful atmosphere of the wedding season in Dalat.
Some recommended addresses:
- Onelike Studio Dalat: Number 83, Dong Tam Street, Ward 4, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- MyKat Studio: Number 49, Nguyen Van Cu Street, Ward 1, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Art Studio: Number 13A, Nguyen Luong Bang Street, Ward 2, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Wind Studio: Number 39, Kim Khue, Ward 3, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Nguyen Phuong Photography: Number 36, Doan Thi Diem Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Nam Wedding: Number 21/9, Tran Phu Street, Ward 3, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Rom Studio: Mimosa, Number 168, Phan Dinh Phung Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
9. Visiting Abaddon Market - Things To Do In Dalat To Explore The Local LifestyleI
Dalat Market is also called Abaddon Market located in the center of Dalat. Being a nightlife center, Dalat market is also an indispensable tourist destination. The market starts at 19:00 or 20:00 and lasts until 4:00 the next day. Most of the foods sold in this area are hot foods. These are very suitable for the cold weather of Dalat in the evening. In addition to the restaurants serving the needs of visitors such as rice, rice noodle soup, etc visitors can also enjoy unique dishes like eating barbecue, sweet potatoes, grilled squid.
10. Eating Local Food - Things To Do In Dalat For Food Lovers
The delicious dishes in Dalat have been highly rated by visitors include soy milk, rice paper, com nieu, Can cake, goat meat.
Discovering the local cuisine is one of most interesting things to do in Dalat. Dalat travel without enjoying pastries, sipping a cup of hot soy milk will be a great omission. At night, when the weather gets colder, drinking a glass of hot soy milk will warm your heart. Biting a piece of cake, chatting with family and friends will create the unforgettable memories.
- Number 61, Nguyen Van Troi Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Hoang Dieu T-junction – Tran Nhat Duat, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Number 56, Thong Thien Hoc Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Nuong Ngoi Cu Duc: Number 6A, District 2, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Vi Cay- Nuong Ngoi: Number 65, Phan Dinh Phung Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Nuong Ngoi Quan Thien My: Number 11, Thien My Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Mai La: Number 18/1, Nguyen Du Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Ngoc Dung: Number 9B, Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Phuc Nguyen: Number 32, Tran Hung Dao Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Ngan: Number 32C, Hai Ba Trung Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Number 7, Tang Bat Ho Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Number 22, Tang Bat Ho Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Number 4, Tang Bat Ho Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Nam Do: Number 06 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Huong Tra: Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Viet Long Hoa: Number 06, February 03 Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Mai Hang: Number 1B, Bui Thi Xuan Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
11. Visit Strawberry Orchards - Things To Do In Dalat For Nature Lovers
Dalat has many strawberry orchards for visitors to visit and pick strawberries in the garden. You should know that the price of strawberries picked at the garden is always higher than strawberries in the market. Because the owner of the garden is difficult to control how much you pick and eat. In addition, strawberries prices are different depending on the season. Strawberries are usually sweet in the dry season (December – April).
Most of the Strawberry gardens are planted underground and cultivated from the famous strawberry varieties such as French strawberry, American strawberry, New Zealand strawberry, Japanese strawberry.
Some recommended addresses:
- Japan Creat Star: Mang Lin Hamlet, 7 Ward, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Biofresh Organic: 8 Ward, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province. Hiep Luc: Cu Chinh Lan Street, 8 Ward, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Thanh Trung: Number 35, Ho Xuan Huong Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
12. Having A Cozy Space With Family In Dalat Homestay
- Memory Vintage homestay Dalat: Number 64/2, Thi Sach Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Nang Homestay: Number 14B, Dong Da Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
This is a type of rental apartment for a group of friends, the family from 8 to 10 people. The price ranges from VND 1,500,000 to VND 2.000.000 for a house with 2-4 spacious and comfortable bedrooms. Generally, the convenience of the homestay is not less than a hotel but it gives you much better privacy.
Besides, we would like to give some addresses for some travelers who want to have a luxurious atmosphere:
- Hobbit Villa: Number 2/3, To Hien Thanh Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Memory Villa: Number 24, Hung Vuong Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Cung Dan Xua: Number 1, Dong Tinh Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
13. Learning About Vietnamese History - Things To Do In Dalat For History Lovers
Dalat has some large palaces. These are large buildings built specifically for the heads of state. The characteristic of these buildings is the main architecture always rests on the top of the hill where has the most beautiful view, controls the whole area around. If you want to explore the Vietnamese history, these places are highly recommended. We would like to give you some addresses as follows:
- Palace I: Tran Quang Dieu Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Palace II: Tran Hung Dao Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Palace III: Trieu Viet Vuong Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Nguyen Huu Hao Palace- Nam Phuong Hoang Hau Palace: Number 1, Tran Quang Dieu Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Tran Le Xuan Palace: Number 2, Yet Kieu Street, Ward 5, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
14. Exploring the amazing waterfalls – Thing to do in Dalat for adventure lover
With wild beauty, Dalat Elephant Waterfall was voted as one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Southeast Asia. Many foreign visitors come here have complimented this waterfall. Elephant Waterfall, also known as Leung Roo, is located in the town of Nam Ban, Lam Ha District, Lam Dong Province. The waterfall is located about 25 kme from Dalat, has a width of about 40 meters, a height of more than 30 meters. The waterfall has rocks like the baby elephant. This is the reason why the local people call this waterfall is the Elephant Waterfall. Elephant Waterfall pours all day and night, makes sounds like wildlife roar.
Besides the Elephant Waterfall, Dalat has other waterfalls as follows:
- Prenn Waterfall: Penn Pass, Lam Dong Province. Tiger Cave Waterfall: Xuan Tho Hamlet, Lam Dong Province
- Pongour Waterfall: Duc Trong District, Lam Dong Province
- Cam Ly Waterfall: At the end of Hoang Van Thu Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Datanla Waterfall: Penn Pass, Lam Dong Province. Dambri Waterfall: Bao Loc City, Lam Dong Province
- Bao Dai Waterfall: Ta In Commune, Duc Trong District, Lam Dong Province
- Lien Khuong Waterfall: Lien Nghia Town, Duc Trong District, Lam Dong Province
- Bobla Waterfall- Lien Dam Waterfall: Lien Dam Commune, Di Linh District, Lam Dong Province
15. Enjoying Dalat Flower Festivals - Things To Do In Dalat For Everyone
Dalat Flower Festival is a festival held in december – the most suitable time of the year in Dalat, Lam Dong, Vietnam. Dalat Flower Festival is a chance for the city to display the local vegetables, flowers, and ornamental plants in order to attract tourists to visit and promote the city economic growth. Flower Festival is also an activity to honor the value of flowers and floriculture. As such, the authorities want to call for investment in Dalat flower industry.
Participating in this event, you can have the opportunity to contemplate numerous types of flowers of Vietnam in general and Dalat in particular.
16. Playing Adventurous Games - Things To Do In Dalat For Adventurers
Coming to Dalat, you can not only immerse in the romantic space of the Valley of Love, strawberry garden, or unique homestay but also have the opportunity to play many adventurous games in Dalat.
Overseeing is considered the most prominent adventurous game in Datanla waterfall. The game is divided into six levels depending on the difficulty of the challenge, and the ability of each player. This is one of the most attractive games when traveling to Dalat. After you have checked in the resort, you must be equipped with standard equipment. Then, you should listen carefully to the professional trainers before starting the game. This game will help you improve your physical and mental health. You will have an exciting adventure experience and a sense of confidence when conquering yourself.
17. Finding Your Inner Peace In Dalat Pagodas
Considered as the Patriarchate of Buddhism in Lam Dong province, where the foundation of the Buddhist origin in the city of Dalat, Linh Quang Pagoda is also known as Linh Quang Temple or Co Tu Linh. Coming to Linh Quang Pagoda you will be impressed by the statue of Avalokiteśvara Bodhisattva on the body of the dragon 100-meter long in the center of the temple grounds. Besides, there are many statues of Buddha in meditation posture. The left main building is the tower garden with two five-storeyed stupas. Linh Quang Pagoda is not only a place for worshiping the Buddha spiritual activities of people around the area but also known as a famous tourist attraction.
Besides the Linh Quang Pagoda, Dalat has other pagodas as follows:
- Van Hanh Monastery: Phu Dong Thien Vuong Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Truc Lam Pagoda: Phuong Hoang Mountain, Lam Dong Province
- Thien Vuong Co Sat Pagoda: Number 385, Khe Sanh Street, Lam Dong Province
- Linh Phong Pagoda: Number 12C, Hoang Hoa Tham Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Linh Son Pagoda: Nguyen Van Troi Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
- Linh Phuoc Pagoda: Trai Mat, Lam Dong Province
- Linh Quy Phap An Pagoda: Loc Thanh Commune, Lam Dong Province
18. Contemplating Numberous Types Of Flowers In Dalat
Dalat flower garden is a flower park with more than 300 different flowers which are grown to meet the needs of visitors. flower garden is located at 2 Tran Nhan Tong Street, Dalat City. The total area of Dalat flower garden is 7,000 m2 divid into many different areas including flower exhibition area, nursery area, greenhouse area, statuary garden, entertainment area. Every day, the workers here care about the flowers very meticulously and constantly update the new flowers into Dalat flower garden. Every year, at flower garden, flower festivals are organized to promote the flowers in to domestic and foreign friends.
Besides the Dalat flower garden, Dalat has other places with the famous flowers as follows:
- Hydrangea Garden: Trai Mat, Lam Dong Province
- F Flower Garden: Mimosa Pass, Ward 10, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Hoa Son Dien Trang Garden: Ta Nung Pass, Lam Dong Province
- Snow Garden: Golden Stream, Lam Dong Province
- Dried flower showroom: Number 7A/1, Mai Anh Dao Street, Lam Dong Province
- Cat Tien National Park: Tan Phu District, Dong Nai Province
- Ha Dong flower village: Ward 8, Lam Dong Province
- Van Thanh flower village: Lam Ha District, Lam Dong Province.
19. Tasting Dalat Wine
Dalat wine is a famous wine brand in the country. Wine is made from mulberry (strawberry mulberry). Dark black, sweet flavor is extremely suitable for this premium wine. Fermented with traditional recipes but still ensured food hygiene, wine is made with the strong taste. The price of each wine bottle varies from VND 50,000 to VND 300,000.
Some reputable Dalat wine stores:
- Dalat Wine Showroom: Number 03, Nam Ky Khoi Nghia Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Beco Wine Showroom: Kiosque number 1, Hoa Binh Area, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Vinh Tien Wine Showroom: Number 01, Le Hong Phong Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
20. Buying Sweaters In Dalat
Sweaters are typical products of Dalat people. Dalat has cool weather in the evening and early morning. Buying a thin sweater with the soft material is not only as the gifts but also the helpful belongings for you during traveling in Dalat. According to the experience of the travelers in Dalat, you should ask the price and bargain carefully before buying.
You can refer to some reputable sweater sales addresses that are highly appreciated by tourists and locals as follows:
- Ba Thien Co., Ltd: Number 1, Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Nang Mai Store: Bui Thi Xuan Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- My Hoa Store: Bui Thi Xuan Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Tigon Fashion Store: Number 112, February 3 Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Vinatex Supermarket: Number 01, Phan Trinh Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
21. Buying Dalat Flowers
Dalat is dubbed as the country of flowers, so if you come here, you should buy flowers as the gifts. There are countless species of flowers having the characteristic of temperate regions such as hydrangea, roses, tulips. If bringing fresh flowers is inconvenient, you can buy the dried flower baskets – a unique gift of Dalat people. It was shaped like the houses, hearts, etc. Depending on the type of flower and the size of the dried flower baskets, the price varies from VND 60,000 to VND 2,000,000.
Some reputable addresses to buy flowers in Dalat as follows:
The fresh flowers:
- Phuong Trung Company Limited: Number 86, An Son Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Dalat Hasfarm Fresh Flower Showroom: Number 01, Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- LangBiang Farm: Number 41, Xo Viet Nghe Tinh Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
The dried flowers:
- Minh Store: Number 04, Ho Tung Mau Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Hieu Showroom: The flower garden of Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Immortal flowers Store: Mai Anh Dao Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province.
22. Purchasing Jam In Dalat
There are countless delicious and unique fruits. Therefore fruit jam is a special gilf of the Dalat people. Traveling to Dalat, you well-advised to taste as well as buy them as gifts for relatives and friends. There are many delicious jams in Dalat such as crunchy pink jam, sweet potato, plum, roses, etc.
Some reputable jam store you should consider as follows:
- Kieu Giang Store: Number 223 Bis, Lam Dong Province
- Phuong Lan Store: Number 48, Phu Dong Thien Vuong Street, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Jam Road: Phu Dong Thien Vuong Street, Mai Anh Dao Street, Nguyen Tu Luc Street.Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
Prices of jams should be referenced through the information as follows:
|Sweet potato||VND 120,000 to VND 160,000/kg|
|Strawberry jam||VND 70.000 to VND 80.000/kg|
|Prunes||VND 70,000 to VND 90,000/kg|
|Rose jam||VND 140.000 to VND 170.000/kg|
|Roses cut sliced||VND 160,000 to VND 180,000/kg|
|Pink roses||VND 180.000 to VND 200.000/kg|
23. Trying Can Wine - The Most Interesting Things To Do In Dalat
Wine is everywhere. However, Can Wine is really speical and tasting this wine is one of your must-try things to do in Dalat. Can Wine is a specialty wine of the Tay Nguyen Ethnic Minority. Can wine has a very specific flavor of the highlands of the plateau here. The wine taste is not less than other famous wine.
Some reputable addresses are highly recommended by the local people as follows:
- Specialty stalls: Dalat Market Can Highland: Number 28, Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
- Son Cuoc Store: BonDong II Hamlet, Lac Duong Town, Dalat City, Lam Dong Province
24. Learning To Weave Brocade
It will be a pity if you travel Dalat without admiring the strange brocade. Learning how to weave brocade of ethnic people will be a memorable experience. People here will show you how to weave souvenirs. Hence, you can make these gifts yourself for your family and friends. Handmade gifts will be more meaningful than other gifts. If you want to test your patience, adroitness, trying weaving brocade will appear on your list things to do in Dalat, Vietnam.
Some reputable addresses are highly recommended by the local people as follows:
- B’No C Brocade: Lat Commune, Lac Duong District, Lam Dong Province
- K’Long Brocade: Hiep An Commune, Duc Trong District, Lam Dong Province
25. Buying Silk In Dalat
Bao Loc District, Lam Dong Province has long been famous for the mulberry, silkworm, and weaving. You will visit a silk production factory in . You can witness the mulberry, silkworm rearing, and finally weaving the silk to become beautiful finished products. Bao Loc silk products are preferred by domestic and foreign customers because Bao Loc silk products have a sophisticated pattern, variety of species and stable quality. It is a combination between traditional and modern style. Bao Loc silk has more than 20 different types including basic and popular items such as crepedechine (CDC), jacquard, habutai, oganza, georgetee (GGT-voal), taffetas. Its quality is outstanding when compared with other countries in the region.
Some reputable addresses are highly recommended by the local people as follows:
- Vietnam Silk Company: Number 20, Quang Trung Street, Bao Loc City, Lam Dong Province
- Asia Silk Company: Number 81, Nguyen Thai Hoc Street, Bao Loc City, Lam Dong Province
- Bao Loc Silk Company: Number 13, Tran Phu Street, Loc Tien District, Bao Loc City, Lam Dong Province
Hiking in the Elephant Waterfall
The Elephant Waterfalls also called “Liêng Rơwoa”, lies on the Camly Stream, Nam Ban Village. Despite being located outside of the Nam Ban Village, 25 kilometers to the South of Dalat’s Center, it’s very simple to get there. From the center, you can take the local buses which operate every day from 06:00 to 18:00. The local buses depart every 40 minutes. Each one-way trip only takes you about 30 minutes and costs VND 20,000.
The Elephant Waterfall is 30 meters high and 40 meters wide. Resembling the head of the waterfall is a giant stone that has the shape of an elephant. The path leading to the bottom of the waterfall is a bit tricky. It often takes you 10 minutes to get there. The path is on bricked stairs which are really muddy and slippery. Although a handrail is secured to the rock to help guide you along the rough path, you must extremely carefully and watch your foot. While descending a steep, you will find a lot of moss-hidden and volcanic rocks that are in spectacular shapes. Besides, there is another beautiful waterfall for you to visit – the Pongour Waterfall
Once at the bottom, you will find out the reason why the Elephant Waterfall is regarded as the most dramatic one in Lam Dong Province. From the bottom, you will be marvel at the scale, power, and volume of the towering water. Looking through the tangled branches, vine, and spray, you can discover the real beauty of this waterfall. Besides, standing on the giant boulders lying midstream, you can admire the imposing scene of the torrents. You will get totally wet, but it’s really worthy.
Taking the cable to view Truc Lam Zen Monastery
The cable car constructed by an Australian Company connects the Robin Hill to the Truc Lam Monastery. The ride covers 2,3 kilometers, which brings you chances of admiring the entire city from a distance. There are 50 cabins operating regularly to meet the high demand of the tourist. From the brightly painted cabins, you will able to see farmland, greenhouses, lakes and distant mountains. In the end, the cables lead you to the Truc Lam Zen Monastery.
Truc Lam Monastery stands proudly on the Phoenix Summit, 5 kilometers from Dalat’s city. It’s not only the largest Zen Monastery but also the most appealing tourist attraction in this region. The Monastery was designed as a new style of architecture by Mr. Ngo Viet Thu, who used to design the Independence Palace. There is a rectangle-shaped sanctuary that heads to the south. Nearby is a pagoda that was designed with the oriental architectural style. This pagoda was built in 1993-1994, by a superior Buddhist monk called Thich Thanh Tu. Thanks to its tranquility and the beautiful landscape, Truc Lam Monastery is where you can “leave the world of dust behind” and find the peace in mind.
Handpicking the ripe strawberry in Dalat, Vietnam
Thanks to the ideal weather condition, Dalat is home to not only a hundred flowers but also a variety of fresh vegetables and fruits. One of the major agricultural crops cultivated for years by the locals is strawberry. Strawberries are mainly grown in the wards of 7, 9 and 10. There are four varieties of strawberry which are from France, the US, New Zealand. Strawberries in Dalat are fresh, sweet, chemical-free and are edible right away.
In the past, strawberries are mainly in rows in the ground and tended. Nowadays, thanks to the application of new cultivation methods, strawberries are grown on a trellis and according to standards of high quality and hygiene safety. With this cultivation, strawberries develop in both quality and quantity and avoid many diseases from mice compared to the old method. Visiting the strawberry farms, you will be introduced to the farming process and techniques. You will be given a helpful guide to know how to take care of the plants such as pulling out the stubs when harvesting and avoid touching the body of the strawberries.
Clean Strawberry Farms
The Japanese Strawberry Garden
Address: Mang Lin, Ward 07, Dalat City
Tel: (+84) 120-380-3072 or (+84) 123-890-7203
The Owner: Mr. Kien
The Price: VND 400,000 – VND 500,000
Address: Near the Lake of Sorrow (Than Tho Lake), Ho Xuan Huong Street, Ward 10, Dalat City.
Tel: (+84) 633-555-500
Hotline: (+84) 898 772 773
The Owner: Mrs. Thuy
The Price: VND 200,000 – VND 350,000
Riding Ostriches & Elephant in Dalat, Vietnam
If you’re an animal lover, it’s time to move the item of riding an elephant to your bucket-list. The Prenn Waterfall is the pretty site that offers the ostriches and elephant ride. The elephants will take you through much-unspoiled scenery hidden in the green forest. One humble elephant can charge two or three people. Riding ostriches is more challenging because they are not a common transport option. You have to pay full attention to keep balance on the back of the ostrich. Once you control the ostrich and start a ride, it’ll be one of the most interesting experiences ever.
Discovering the Dalat Nightlife Market
In the daytime, Dalat looks amazing with colorful flowers and spectacular architecture. When the night falls, the downtown is lit up with the bright lights of shops, restaurants, and hotels. It’s also the time for strolling around the night market and discovering the Dalat’s street life culture. Established in 2003, the Dalat night market is considered the first walking town in Vietnam. It is also the single pedestrian area in the Dalat city where all the vehicles are banned during the time of the walking town. Exploring the Dalat night market, you can visit 5 following popular area:
- Second-hand clothing area: In this area, you can expect a huge selection of clothes and shoes at a surprisingly low price. You will easily find a variety of sweaters, jackets to scarf, hat, glove, and other winter stuff. The price is fixed in order to keep the buyers from bargaining. Each item often costs VND 30,000 to VND 60,000 per item.
- New clothing areas: Dalat is also famous for many types of wool clothes. The clothes here are colorful and abundant. The prices are so reasonable but sometimes you have to bargain for the items you buy.
- Food Street: Street food is a special feature of Dalat and many other regions in Vietnam as well. In the Dalat night market, there is a wide range of street food for you to try such as Pho, Bun Bo Hue (Beef soft noodle), Mien Ga (Chicken vermicelli), and grilled chickens.
- Fresh food area: Almost all markets in Vietnam only open in the daytime. Only in Dalat night market, you can buy fresh food at night such as strawberries, artichoke, and mulberries.
- Street performance area: In this area, you can see a lot of young, talented people perform roller-skating, hip hop dancing, and shuttlecock kicking. Especially on some special occasions such as Tet Holiday, Dalat Flower Festival and Christmas can you enjoy the outdoor public art program.
Exploring the Nightlife in Bar Club
Despite full of foreign and domestic tourists all year round, Dalat is still a very modest and peaceful city. Most restaurants here close up at 21:00 or after the last customer. There are only a few bar clubs and backpacker hangouts resembling in on or around Truong Cong Dinh Street. The two most up-market venues in Dalat are Larry’s Bar and Le Rabelais Bar. The drink served here basically includes imported beers, whiskeys, cocktails, wine, and especially locally produced wine.
Le Rabelais Bar
Address: Basement floor of the Hotel Sofitel Dalat Palace, No. 12 Tran Phu Street, Ward 03, Dalat City.
Open: 16:00 – Close: 00:00
Price: VND 350, 000 – VND 700,000
Larry’s Bar is part of the vintage Hotel Dalat Palace Hotel. It was named after Larry Hillblom who made a significant contribution to turning Dalat into an up-market resort. This legendary bar features bar’s stone and brick walls, pool tables, cushy sofa, low ceilings, wood furniture, cozy nooks, and fireplaces herald a bygone era.
The Escape Bar
Address: No.42 Phan Boi Chau Street, Muong Thanh Hotel, Dalat City.
Open: 16:00 – Close: 00:00
Price: VND 50, 000 – VND 200,000
This amazing bar belongs to Curtis King – a famous blues guitarist. That’s why visiting this bar, you can enjoy outstanding live-music covering of Hendrix, the Eagles, the Doors and other classics. The bar’s decor is classy and chic which reminds us of the 1970s and perfectly suits the sonics.
Address: No. 74 Truong Cong Dinh Street, Dalat City
Open: 16:00 – Close: 23:00
Price: VND 50,000 – VND 150,000
As its name suggests, Beepub is a narrow cave full of loudly music, string lights and beer on tap. Outside the pub is a footpath with a few high tables and chairs, which is conducive to chatter. The crowd tends to spills out here. In high season, visiting Beepub, you can also enjoy live music.