Being one of the three major tourist centers on Vietnam’s tourist, Da Nang is a beautiful and peaceful seaside town, where you can easily reach both by road, air, and rail. A geographic historical marker, a convenient transit point to the world cultural heritages such as Hue, My Son, Hoi An and the World Biosphere Reserve Cu Lao Cham. Over many years, Da Nang is increasingly affirmed as an attractive and ideal destination for tourists in over the world. Besides, Da Nang is a place where you can enjoy international standard resort services with world famous brands such as Intercontinental, Novotel, Crowne Plaza, Furama, and so forth and deeply fell about life and indigenous culture. Hoi An Ancient Town is a famous ancient town retaining almost intact with more than 1000 architectural relics streets, houses, communal houses, temples, wells, etc. as well as the traditional food, the soul of the people here. Once you come to Hoi An, tourism will be fascinated by the timeless, extremely rustic, idyllic beauties. However, the transfer among these places has raised concern for most of the visitors. In this article, I will give you some recommendations when you travel from Da Nang to Hoi An.
I. Getting from Da Nang to Hoi An by bus
Da Nang is a dynamic city and the relentless development, a city worth living, attracting tourists, investors from the nation and other countries. Neither large area nor crowed population as Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, the bus system in Da Nang is relentlessly developing to serve not only local people but also foreign travelers.
1. How to catch the bus from Da Nang to Hoi An
Travel time: 70-80 minutes
Cost: VND 25,000
Da Nang authorities with a desire for promoting Da Nang-Hoi An tourism, they established the bus number 1 to serve the travelers and help travelers travel from Da Nang to Hoi An more easily, the travelers just take 70-80 minutes to transfer. Besides, the price is very cheap, it is VND 25,000. To gain more information, you can take transfer syllabus from Da Nang to Hoi An by bus as follows:
|Schedule||Time of departure||Time finish||Frequency||Price
|Da Nang Station – Ton Duc Thang – Dien Bien Phu – Le Duan – Tran Phu – Trung Nuong – Duy Tan – Nguyen Van Troi Bridge – Ngu Hanh Son – Le Van Hien – Hoi An Bus Station.||5:30||18:00||20 mins/way||25,000|
2. The advantages when traveling by bus from Da Nang to Hoi An
The greatest advantage for this type of vehicle is its cost, it is the cheapest if you want to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An. Besides, the bus system here has a lot of turns every day, you can control your schedule by your own way. For some people having a long journey and bringing much of luggage, the bus is an ideal option because the bus will have wide space enough for your luggage. It is undeniable that if you choose the bus to travel, you will learn a lot about the public transportation culture in Vietnam, it seems like a new experience you can gain when traveling.
3. The disadvantages when traveling by bus from Da Nang to Hoi An
The language barrier will be an obstacle when you travel by bus, neither the driver nor sale man can speak other languages. You can be faced with some difficult circumstances because of the misunderstanding from both sides. The second buses’ disadvantage is the travelers must move to the stable bus stops, if you don’t want to miss your turn, please arrive before at least 5 minutes. The third disadvantage of this vehicle is time-consuming, compared with other means of transports, you will spend much time than others. As such, if you don’t have much time and don’t want to wait to start, the bus is not recommended.
4. Some tips if you choose the bus to travel to get to Hoi An from Da Nang
- Learn some Vietnamese sentences to communicate with other people, especially the sale man or the driver to make sure that they understand where you want to arrive.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes before the time of departure if you don’t want to miss your turn.
- Ask the bus assistant if you think you lack knowledge about something during traveling.
- Prepare enough money to pay the sale man to save time for both and avoid the thefts and chaos. Because in the peak season of travel, the bus may crowd, you should look over to protect yourselves.
II. Getting from Da Nang to Hoi An by taxi
Travel time: 45-50 minutes
Cost: VND 350,000-400,000
1. How to book the taxi from Da Nang to Hoi An
Da Nang has a lot of taxi brands, you can ask your hotel reception in Da Nang for their help. If not, you can consider some prestigious brands I mention below:
- Taxi Mai Linh Da Nang: (+84) 2363 525 252
With more than 20 years serving customers, Mai Linh taxi always put quality service on top. All Mai Linh taxis are equipped with automatic cash dispensers, GPS control, etc. The driver team is well-trained. At present, Mai Linh has more than 10,000 taxis to accommodate the needs of travelers in more than 50 provinces. Especially Mai Linh taxi has the postpaid card. You can use all Mai Linh taxi over the country without having to pay cash. At the end of the month, you will receive a notice and pay a bill at your office.
To get more information about this brand, you can access their website here.
|30 km first
|From km 31st
|Waiting time||50,000 per hour|
- Taxi Han River: (+84) 2363 727 272
|30 km first
|From km 31st
|Waiting time||50,000 per hour|
- Taxi Tien Sa Dang Nang: (+84) 2363 797 979
|30 km first
|From km 31st
- Taxi VinaSun Da Nang: (+84) 2363 686 868
|30 km first
|From km 31st
|Waiting time||50,000 per hour|
- Mai Linh Hoi An Taxi: (+84) 2353 929 292
- Hoi An Taxi: (+84) 2353 919 919
- Faifo Hoi An Taxi: (+84) 2353 919 191
- Datranco Taxi Taxi: (+84) 2363 815 815
- Huong Lua Taxi: (+84) 2363 828 282
- Da Nang Avia Taxi: (+84) 2363 272 727
Note: The price can be changed depending the day you book or the number of people in your group has.
2. The advantages when traveling by taxi from Da Nang to Hoi An
Many travelers choose the taxi to travel because of its convenient. You just have a call and the driver will pick you up anywhere you want. Moreover, you will feel relax and comfortable because the driver in Da Nang in particular and the local people in general are very friendly and trustworthy. You can believe in them and enjoy your journey. For some brands, the well-trained driver including the English abilities will make your trip become easier. Because they can understand where you want to go and even share some information about this place that other type of vehicles cannot.
3. The disadvantages when traveling by taxi from Da Nang to Hoi An
The same with other means of transportations, language barrier will be the obstacle. Because most of drivers have not enough abilities to understand what you say or where you want to go. In some cases, these misunderstanding will make the time transfer become longer than your schedule leading to out of control. Besides, the price is relatively expensive.
4. Some tips if you choose the taxi to travel to get to Hoi An from Da Nang
- Learn Vietnamese sentences to make sure that the drivers can understand what you say and where you want to go.
- Negotiate the total price before getting in the car to make sure that you will not be tricked
- Put your important documents into the handbag to avoid leaving something on the car.
- Don’t be shy if you want to know something. Because the drivers are local people and the drivers are willing to answer any of your questions about this place.
III. Getting from Da Nang to Hoi An by private motorbike
Travel time: 45-50 minutes
Cost: VND 60,000-100,000 rental + 50,000 fuel
There are 4 routes to Hoi An that you can refer to:
- 1st Route: From Da Nang, take Truong Sa street, go to Vo Nguyen Giap / Lac Long Quan and turn to Hoi An.
- 2nd Route: From Da Nang, take Vo Chi Cong street, through Lac Long Quan / Vo Nguyen Giap to Hoi An ancient town.
- 3rd Route: From Da Nang, through highway 1A, go about 27km, then you turn to Vinh Dien, then turn left to Huynh Thuc Khang, finally to Hoi An city.
- 4th Route: Go along Le Van Hien, take the Da Nang-Hoi An provincial road, and then go about 27 km to go Hoi An.
Each route is approximately the same length, so you can choose the route Da Nang-Hoi An nearest you to move.
1. How to rent a motorbike in Da Nang to travel to Hoi An
The motorbike is one of the most popular vehicles that many visitors chose to get Hoi An from Da Nang because of its mobility. For some travelers who are interested in adventurous, this is a good idea.
Actually, most of the hotels in Da Nang have motorbike rental service, you should ask the reception whether it has this services. If not, you have to call the car rental enterprises. If you want to have a suitable motorbike, please call to the prestigious brands in Da Nang that we mention below:
|Brands||Address||Phone||Cost /day (VND)||Note|
|Good Car company||229 Nguyen Van Thoai||(+84) 906 408 040||60,000 - 100,000||Free shipping|
|Thanh Ha||B9 group, Nam Cau, Tuyen Son, Ngu Hanh Son||(+84) 1255 125 127||60,000-140,000||Free shipping|
|Hoang Long||85A Ly Thai To||(+84) 926 555 333|
(+84) 968 441 414
|100,000-110,000||Bonus a little gasoline
2 Standard helmet
|Anh Tuan||143/10 Tieu La||(+84) 905 708 090||100,000||No free shipping
Nearby Da Nang Airport
2. The advantages if you travel from Da Nang to Hoi An by motorbike?
Many visitors choose traveling by private car because of its mobility. Traveling by private motorbike, you will gain a large number of experiences as well as broaden your knowledge about this new place, you will have more opportunities to explore your abilities and mingle with nature here. You will give a fun trip with your family, your friends and help them to get away from hustle and bustle. For some travelers who interested in adventurous, the private motorbike should be considered. We sure that it will accommodate your interests. Only through traveling by private car you can explore new minority ethnics rendering your trip become an unforgettable memory. Besides, the price to rent a motorbike is relatively cheap as well as the diverse kinds of motorbike most of travelers can afford. Moreover, to explore clearly about new cultures as well as discover other new places few travelers know, you should make acquainted with the local people and ask them about where you want to go.
3. The disadvantages if you travel from Da Nang to Hoi An by motorbike
For some group has children or pregnant women. This means of transport is not recommended because it is too dangerous for their health. You need to choose the vehicle suitable for all people in your team. Because their map is not always correct, some traveler using the private motorbike have trouble with finding the exact road to go leading to another problem is the language barrier. For some people, especially foreign travelers, they are easy to get lost and they cannot do anything, even asking local people what your problems are to require their help. Your schedule will be affected a lot and render many other consequences.
4. Some tips if you choose the motorbike to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An
- You well-advised check carefully the motorbike before driving to make sure that your motorbike will have no trouble when running.
- Fill up the gasoline
- Make a contract with the motorbike owner including the deposit, the quality of that motorbike, the document sent to the car owner, and so on to make sure you will not be tricked after receiving the motorbike
- Learning some Vietnamese sentences in case of getting lost, you will have enough abilities to communicate with local people to request their help.
- Put the instrumental documents into your handbag and please bring driver license.
- Bring as least luggage as possible to make sure your luggage will be not a balk when you drive.
- Bring raincoat along if the weather has the sign of rainy.
IV. Getting from Da Nang to Hoi by private car
Travel time: 45-50 minutes
Cost: VND 500,000-1,800,000 rental + 100,000 fuel
Another option you can choose to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An is the private car. Actually, this vehicle is the lowest rate to choose to travel. But if you have concerns about this vehicle, you can see below:
1. How to rent a car to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An
Another option for you to move from Da Nang to Hoi An is the private car. If you travel in groups, you should rent a small car in Da Nang to go to Hoi An with rent ranging from VND 500,000 to 600,000 /4, 5 seats car/day, about VND 700,000-1,000,000 for 7 seats/day, about VND 1,500,000-1,800,000 for 29 seats/day, …
Some brands you should consider:
a, Vu Khoa Travel:
There are many ways to contact this brands to rent a car. The first way, you can call directly to the Vu Khoa’s phone number: (+84) 2363 552 768 or (+84) 906 150 001. The second way, you can come exact address to rent a car: 7 Vu Van Dung, An Hai Tay, Son Tra, Da Nang. And the last way, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Vu Khoa company was established in 1997 with the main field of passenger transportation by car rental and travel agency. There are many kinds of car you can choose:
- 4 seats: Toyota Camry, Hyundai Accent, Ford Focus, Toyota Vios, Toyota Altis, Kia Cerato, Honda Civic, Mercedes C200.
- 7 seats: Toyota Innova, Mitsubishi Jolie, Mitsubishi Pajero, Land cruise, Chevrolet Captiva, Toyota Fortuner, Ford Everest, Toyota Zace.
- 16 seats: Mercedes Md140, Toyota Hiace, Mercedes Sprinter, Ford Transit.
- 29 seat: Hyundai County.
- 35 seats: Thaco Kinglong, Hyundai Aero Town.
- 45 seats: Hyundai Hi Class, Hyundai Universe, Hyundai Space
The car system was equipped with modern technologies such as GPS, etc. With the desire to help the travelers have an interesting journey, the well-trained drivers were employed to bring the perfect service to the customers.
If you want more information about this brand, you can access their website here.
b, Quang Da Thanh Travel & Trading Co., Ltd
There are many ways to contact with this company, the first way, you can call directly to the Da Thanh company’s phone number: (+84) 2363 550 022 or Mr.Thanh: (+84) 905 516 026. Another way is sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Da Thanh Travel, in the trend of international economic integration, Vietnam economy in general and living standard of people in particular, has improved significantly. Their desire is giving all travelers have the relax journey, explore and discover new places. With over 7 years of establishment and development, overcoming many difficulties and challenges, Da Thanh Travel has gradually affirmed its prestige in the competitive tourism market, now Da Thanh Travel has become one of the brands have prestige in the field of travel services in Da Nang in particular and Vietnam in general. With a staff of experienced, dynamic, creative, operating in many fields such as tourism, transportation, hotels, events, team building, etc. full of passion, love the job and respect the interests of customers that is the guideline for all employees of Quang Da Thanh Travel and Tourism Co., Ltd. – Da Thanh Travel. The leaders want to bring Da Thanh Travel brand to become a reliable partner of customers in Vietnam and abroad.
To get more information about this brand, you can access Da Thanh company’s website here.
c, Da Giang company
There are many ways to contact with this brand. The first way, you can call directly to the Da Giang company’s phone number: (+84) 2363 550 022 or (+84) 2363 946 464
The second way, you can come exactly the address: 59 Nguyen Van Thoai, Son Tra, Da Nang.
A self-drive car rental is a form of free car rental that does not depend on the time of the driver. Da Giang company provides these services with many kinds of brands such as Toyota, Ford, Honda, Mazda, Mercedes, Kia, Hyundai, Chevrolet, Mitsubishi. Every year, our employees were trained many driving skills to bring to the customer the best services. Besides, the advantage of this brand is its diversity, you can have a lot of choices with many car brands as well as the programs suited for any customers.
To get more information about this brand, you can access the website here.
2. The advantages when traveling by private car from Da Nang to Hoi An
If your team has a lot of people and they want to have a private place to enjoy together, this means of transportation is highly recommended. You not only explore several new places in your own way but also have an extremely fun time with your team. Besides, you will have more chances to explore yourselves as well as the coalition of your team. If some problem come up such as broken brakes, running out of gasoline or something like that, this time needs your team’s accord and the solidarity. Your team will get a mutual understanding and gain more special time together to have several unforgettable memories. Different from the private motorbike, you will be safe if the weather gets worse, your team will be protected completely.
3. The disadvantages when traveling by private car from Da Nang to Hoi An
The biggest disadvantage when traveling by the private car is its cost. Besides the high cost of the rental, you should notice others cost such as deposit, gasoline even maintenance. For some visitors who don’t have much money, this means of transportation will be a challenge. Because you yourselves drive, you sometimes face with several inevitable issues in terms of your cars, your road, and so on. You must equip a lot of knowledge to able to address all the problems. For instance, lost in Da Nang is a reasonable thing for many travelers, especially with foreign travelers. Actually, not all local people can speak and understand other language leading to many difficulties for both you and local people to have a mutual understanding to give a bit helps for you. Admittedly, traveling by private car can satisfy your adventurous spirit, however, for some small road, your car cannot go through rendering narrow down your journey. If you want to explore or know more detail about the minority ethnics, this vehicle is not recommended because of occupying a large area.
4. Some tips if you choose the private car to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An
- Learning some Vietnamese sentences to make sure that you can communicate with other people if you have the troubles and need their help.
- Check your car carefully including the battery, the gasoline, and so forth.
- Please refuel to guarantee you will be interrupted by running out of gasoline.
- Make a detailed contract with the car owner including your rights, the deposit, your document left to make sure that you will be tricked after receiving the car.
- Put your instrumental documents into your handbag
- Remember you always bring your driver license along if you have some troubles with the police when driving
V. How to choose the suitable vehicle to travel from Da Nang to Hoi An
1. What is your budget?
The budget is the important point if you want to make a perfect decision. For some people don’t have much money, you should consider the traveling by bus. Having a lot of turns every day can afford for most of the travelers. If you have a lot of money, you can consider any vehicles depending on your interest. You can choose the private car because of its mobility, you can have more opportunities to communicate with local people and broaden your knowledge about several new places, new ethics, and so forth.
2. Who do you go with?
The partners will help you make a decision. In my opinion, you should collect all of the members’ opinions and find the mutual point what they want to have on your trip as well as the finance abilities all your team can afford. If your team passionated in adventurous, the private motorbike is highly recommended, you can have more chances to learn several things from local people of minority ethnics. However, if your team has children or pregnant women, the private motorbike is not considered because it can have bad effects on them. You can choose the taxi or the private car, I think it is more suitable for your team. The size of your team also helps you make a decision, some means of vehicles you can consider are the bus and the taxi if your team is small, about 1-4 people. Because if you travel by yourselves, you will be easy to be tricked. If your team has a person know clearly about Vietnamese as well as the road to travel, you can choose any vehicles your team is interested in.
3. How much luggage do you bring along?
It seems not relative with making your decision, however, in some circumstances, your luggage will effect on your journey, if you have a long trip and you have a lot of luggage, you should use the taxi instead of the private motorbike because the bulky luggage will be a big balk when driving. If you have small belongings, you can choose any vehicles you want to travel. But please remember that if you choose the bus, you should put the important documents into your handbag to make sure that you will have a safe journey.
VI. The brief summary of all vehicles.
Last but not least, I will give a brief summary of all vehicles mentioned above. Actually, every means of transport has the advantages as well as disadvantages. Depend on your purposes and other members’ opinion, you can make the decision suitable for all of you. I hope this article will have you a lot.
|Means of transport||Duration||Price|
|Comfortable and convenient||Advantages||Disadvantages|
|Taxi||45-50 minutes||350,000-400,000||7/10||Time saving||High cost
|Private car||45-50 minutes||500,000-1,800,000 rental + 100,000 fuel||9/10||Time saving|
Enjoy your trip by your own way
Easy to get lost
|Private motorbike||45-50 minutes||60,000-100,000 rental + 50,000 fuel||8/10||Time saving|
Enjoy your trip
Easy to get lost